- RCIF was established jointly by RDIF and CIC in October 2011 to stimulate bilateral investment and generate strong risk adjusted return for investors, taking advantage of rapid development of economic cooperation, fast growing trade, and the increasing purchasing power of the middle classes in Russia and China.
- The fund received $2 billion in commitments from RDIF and CIC in equal share, with up to an additional $2 billion expected to be raised from international institutional investors.
- In June 2012, CEOs of RDIF and CIC, in the presence of Russian and Chinese presidents, signed official documents to set up the Russia-China Investment Fund.
- In March 2013, RCIF had its first close and launched operations.
- In September 2013, RCIF completed its first investment in Russia Forest Products.